RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

I have an issues with EAS. Compresor can run via relay or EAS software.
What I have tested.
No leaks from suspension push in connectors.
Air suspension rubber on all of them in a good condition.
No leaks from outlet compressor hoses.
Pressure sensor on valve block good tested with multimeter.
Thermal sensor inside compressor okay tested with multimeter.
Changed delay relay under passengers seat still no luck
Removed delay relay and kept car for one week without relay. Hight remain on all four wheels the same.
Compresor achieving in 10 min 140PSI around 10 bars.
Used EASkicker OBD2 dongle to clear the EAS fault. Fault disssapears but compressor still not receiving any signal.
Ones lowered on lowest and proceeded to rise orange light blinking forever and compressor still dormant.
I will be pleased for any help.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,224 Posts
100% sure on the thermal switch? should have continuity between the Orange and Black wires on the compressor.

If that's definitely OK (not saying it isn't - but that's the most common/likely thing given the symptoms you've given) Then are fuses F24 (5A), F29 (10A), and F35 (10A) in the engine bay fuse box OK?
F24 powers the delay timer relay (and also the ABS ACU - so if you don't have ABS FAULT then it's probably OK)
F29 powers the EAS ECU through the delay timer relay.
F35 powers the EAS rocker switch on the dash, and the inhibit switch (along with the BBUS siren and a feed to the HEVAC)

I'm guessing they are probably all OK as there would be other issues showing up if they were faulty - and also it sounds like it's trying to work as it should, so maybe power to part of it isn't the problem.

Unless here is a break somewhere in the wiring for the thermal switch coming back to the EAS ECU, or there is another fault in there too which is causing problems. It's supposed to end up on Pin 16 of the EAS ECU connector (Black/Purple wire). Might be worth checking there that you have continuity to ground aswell?

The connectors in behind the LHF kick panel are known for getting corrosion in them and one of those connectors has a number of EAS related wires in there (but not compressor related sadly) but could be causing it to do weird things.

Sorry there are no definitive answers in there, but hopefully gives a few other things to check/narrow down!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts