RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

This week one speaker (rear drivers side) starting buzzing, the next thing they were all buzzing and popping. I turned the radio off and it continued happening. I pulled over, turned the engine off, key out and they were still buzzing/popping. Only thing I could do was pull the fuse. I have tried putting it back in a couple of times but problem remains.

It has been raining a lot here so I’m thinking possible leak (who knows where) or a short or both. I’m just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and knows maybe where to start looking?

2006 model, 5.0 litre, standard factory equipment. Radio/reverse camera etc was all working fine. Only thing I have noticed recently is the odd few popping noises after starting it up and radio would cut in and out a few times but then be fine.

Many thanks

Bob

·
Registered
2004 4.4 V8 Vogue in Silver.
16 Posts
Rear left hand quarter - I bet it's got water in it. Remove the panel and have a look, you will find all the audio and sat nav components in there. Have a look and see if anything looks wet or corroded. Might be worth leaving the cover off and put a small electric fan heater in the boot pointing at the exposed electronics. Give it a couple of hours to make sure everything is dry. Maybe reseat all connectors and give them a squirt of contact cleaner. Word of warning - don't start disconnecting anything until the red led on the DVD unit has gone out - if you cut power to it while it's shutting down you will do serious damage to it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear left hand quarter - I bet it's got water in it. Remove the panel and have a look, you will find all the audio and sat nav components in there. Have a look and see if anything looks wet or corroded. Might be worth leaving the cover off and put a small electric fan heater in the boot pointing at the exposed electronics. Give it a couple of hours to make sure everything is dry. Maybe reseat all connectors and give them a squirt of contact cleaner. Word of warning - don't start disconnecting anything until the red led on the DVD unit has gone out - if you cut power to it while it's shutting down you will do serious damage to it. Good luck.
Thanks, I will take a look when the weather allows!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts