RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if this is a Range Rover main gear lever of some sort or what it might have come from otherwise? :

(Photo in next post]

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
201 Posts
Certainly looks like one, from an LT95 gear box. It might also be from a 109 Stage 1 V* or an early 110. The RR ones tended to be straight rather than crooked as the one in the photo appears to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Certainly looks like one, from an LT95 gear box. It might also be from a 109 Stage 1 V* or an early 110. The RR ones tended to be straight rather than crooked as the one in the photo appears to be.
Thanks for replying. Sold to me as a Stage 1 lever, but the bend above the damper is 180 degrees in the wrong direction. Someone on the Stage 1 forum said emphatically that it was a Range Rover lever (but not which exact model), I think on the basis of the direction of that bend, but I have been unable to find any Range Rover lever that is not straight. Hence my posting on here to see if anyone might identify it as such. I have now got my money back but, had I not done so, I would have considered bending it back the other way, though I have read and received conflicting opinions on the ease and risks of doing so. Had I been able to positively identify it as some particular Range Rover lever I might instead have kept it with a view to reselling it. Judging from the number of views of my post I would have thought that, had it actually been a Range Rover lever, someone here would have recognised it, so I'm inclined to think that it is a Stage 1 lever that has been bent the other way for some reason, perhaps to clear a modified dash. Your reply rather confirms that view. Anyway, thanks to anyone who has read my post for their interest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts