RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of floor mats from my dealer that came in the mail today... the cargo mat is like the previous one, it’s rubber and says Range Rover in the aluminum-looking tread plate. However the first and second row are identical to weather techs floor mats now, except instead of the weather tech sticker it is now a Range Rover sticker. Are there two kinds of floor mats? Rubber and then the more plastic type, weather tech style mats? I was expecting to receive the usual rubber mats with the aluminum Range Rover lettering....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Post pics...

Also, can anyone with an 18 comment on whether the the 17 mats would fit in the 18? did the floor shape/design change at all for 18? Or can I use my 2017 Full Size RR Weather Techs in the 2018 Full size RR?

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yes there are 2 (at least) different kinds of rubber floor mats.

Mine are these.

http://gear.landrover.com/gl/en/range-rover-sport/interior/interior-protection/vplws0189-rubber-mats-rhd/#tertiary-tabs

Just wish that I would be able to purchase a passenger side mat for a right hand drive vehicle because the NA drivers side doesn't cover the entire carpeted area.

EDIT. Mine are for an RRS but you get the idea.
these are the ones I've seen from Land Rover. The others are probably WeatherTech ordered and sold at dealer prices:cry: Curious to know what is found out here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you have the part number for these? I prefer these over the flat rubber ones which still allow dirt and water to spill over the edges. Also the metal corner piece on the standard rubber mats can scratch the aluminum tread plates on the door sills if they're not kept in place.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm putting money on the dealership having "Range Rover" stickers made and putting them on Weathertech mats.
Not true. WeatherTech has a separate line that they sell to the OEMs with the appropriate decals affixed. If you search the BMW and Mercedes-Benz Accessories catalogs, one will find the relabeled Weathertech floor liners with the BMW or Mercedes-Benz logos affixed to them. BMW even has a logo for "X-Drive" that I have on my 650Xi Coupe. Funny thing too...for BMW, the mats are cheaper through BMW than the WeatherTech branded ones from WeatherTech directly!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the "X-Drive" WeatherTech units in my BMW. They were cheaper than ordering directly from Weather Tech. The "X-Drive" label is more than a mere sticker, it is encapsulated in a clear plastic with rounded edges. A very specialized part to integrate into the mat. No doubt the product of a collaboration between BMW and Weather Tech. I doubt a rouge land rover dealer has the resources to produce these labels, acquire Weather Tech mats, and re-brand them, and still make money.

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
I am wondering if the ones you got are in fact Weathertech ones, not Land Rover ones, and are actually better. The genuine ones I got from the dealer a couple months ago for my 2014 Supercharged were the flat kind and I don't like the driver's side one that only covers part of the carpet.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got around to calling the parts department. The first row fit perfectly, however the second row holes did not line up with the fasteners in the floor. He sent the wrong ones, so I’ll give you the updated part numbers when I get them in the mail. But apparently, for 2018 he said they have stopped using the rubber RR mats, and have switched over and started using the WT. They have partnered with them and the mats come in with the RR sticker already on them.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
Can you order just the drivers mat from WeatherTech....i assume it goes deeper into the footwell than the OEM rubber mats...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Then I'm glad I got the rubber ones before they discontinued, can't stand plasticy mats. I've got a Weathertech in the back of my Focus RS because Ford doesn't make a cargo mat for it and my dog and everything else slides like they're on ice. Nothing budges with the rubber cargo mat in the Range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.