RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Range Rover Evoque

Just watched the live webcast launching the upcoming RR Evoque (formerly known as the LRX).
Other than announcing the name, and Victoria Beckham, there was not much info on the vehicle. More a brief history of the RR brand.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Range Rover Evoque

I thinks it's spelled Range Rover Evoque. Two doors and two-wheel drive - 4x4 will be an option - it's a nicely aggressive coupe crossover (remarkable how similar to the original LRX concept it turned out to be), but after 40 years the Land Rover brand, and the Range Rover name in particular, have both lost a bit of cachet today. My opinion only, of course. I hope they sell tons of them, cachet only takes you so far in the automotive industry these days. :lol:

PS: Moving to the General Chatter forum, where there are another couple of similar threads going...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: All-new compact RR revealed this evening 8.30pm UK time

Doctor Leo said:
Heres the end folks

I am not sure it is the end. I don’t like the idea of front wheel drive but to do it effectively and to save weight like they claim it’s going to be hard to achieve front wheel drive on a config that isn't east- west and I can’t see the current engine doing that with the full size body. A hybrid version, well that’s different. I guess if people make that choice then it would be irresponsible for Land Rover not to react and make that option possible. Being Australian we tend to have a thing about large front wheel drive products, so it will be an issue out here. Medium and smaller cars, not a problem.

It looks nice. I would have loved to see the interior but I guess we have to wait a bit longer.

The problem the Rangie has is that it has to evolve in ways that are socially acceptable. It’s a status symbol in ways that aren't completely welcome in today’s environment. As much as I hate seeing this sort of dilution I guess I have come to accept it over the alternative of the brand becoming irrelevant and dying.

It’s ticking most boxes so far. It’s made in the UK and not China, it’s supposedly a luxury premium model so if they are true to their word, it shouldn’t be brand damaging.

Let’s face it. The original sport interior wasn't really where it needed to be but yet there has been no damage that I am aware of to the Vogue or true Rangie. I suspect this won’t be any different and perhaps if it adds enough to the bottom line will go some way to securing advances for all Range Rover models. I think 3 models is the absolute limit though.

·
Banned
93 Posts
With the Evoque (aka LRX), Land Rover succumbs to the coupe-profile design that plagues today's cars.
How can anyone see out the back windows anymore, or hold anything substantial in the trunk?

I hate it.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Possibly the end for the freelander range....not too sure but I thin thats where its heading but the more models they have the more they can sell to different income bracets.

This is going to be one model thats going to sell well, pavement crawlers come kiddy school runners arnt interested in its 4 wheel abilty but more on quality and looks which it does really well.

You cant deny it looks good, I wonder how much more extra the 4X4 option is going to be...
dare we ask.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts