RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really dont understand why people compare hummers and escalades to range rovers. i think that one of the only logical comparison to a supercharged range rover might be a mercedes benz g-class. the range rover sports comparisons might be a bmw x6 or a porsche cayenne.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I have nothing scientifically based, but info I'll throw out there FYI.
I recently left a job (Nov 2009) where the three Sr. employees drove Cadilac Escalade EXT (truck version). My 2003 truck had 378K miles w/ original motor, our 2002 had over 400K w/original motor and the 2005 had over 250K miles w/original motor. I understand now my 2003 has exceeded 400K miles. I can only hope that my 1993 RRC LWB with 82K miles reaches those numbers. :pray:

·
Registered
64 Posts
In general people shop by price tag and "prestige" or exclusivity. Of course, around where I live it seems like everybody has an Escalade so I'm not sure how exclusive it is. I think a lot of people cross-shop the 'sclade and the Sport because they are the "baller" or cool rigs. The big boy Range just doesn't seem to have the same image, despite being the top of the Land Rover spectrum.

An X5/6 or Cayenne are very different vehicles than either of the Ranges IMHO. They're biased much more heavily towards on-road performance, and there's no denying they outperform the Ranges on the pavement. But the Ranges still bring real, legit, off road capability.

-TJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts