RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I would need a tailgate handle for 1983 Range Rover Classic. The original part 390838 is obsolete and I'm wondering if the newer part MWC8656 will fit to earlier RRC model. Does anybody know what is the difference (if any) between older and newer handle? Thank you.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
total parts uk and land rover direct show listing and availability, no image thus unable to compare. you best best for comparison may be a visit to a local car breaker. google come up with various suggestions.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Where are you located?
The images I've found look similar enough. Find one & check the seller's return policy in case it does not fit.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have also seen them on eBay
Plus I thought they are tough little boogers
To get out

·
Registered
523 Posts
There's possibly a difference internally to accommodate central locking facility.

The later one when locked just hands over function to electrics by leaving lock barrel clear to let auto operation take place.

·
Registered
401 Posts
There's possibly a difference internally to accommodate central locking facility.

The later one when locked just hands over function to electrics by leaving lock barrel clear to let auto operation take place.
Having an 83 with central locking, obviously mine does not have the Central Locking in the rear gate. There is so little space in there I always wondered how did they extend the central locking function to the rear gate.

As nice as central locking is (obviously all my modern cars have it), it is also kinda nice to know the back is mostly unlocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts