RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a question on what the chime means when I just start driving the car ( it only chimes once, don't know what it means though )
And also i usually get a chime at a red-light, does that mean the front and back sensors kick in?
I am new to the SUV and Don't know much about it..
thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I get that chime sometimes in my 2008 RRS, when first taking off. I quickly look for a symbol or flash, to see what the vehicle is noting, but ??????? you need to tell us the year of your vehicle, and is it a sport?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get that chime sometimes in my 2008 RRS, when first taking off. I quickly look for a symbol or flash, to see what the vehicle is noting, but ??????? you need to tell us the year of your vehicle, and is it a sport?
mines a 07 and its a sport. I figured out the chime that happens at red lights, just waiting on a answer on this one!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check the temp display for a snowflake, let's driver know when there might be ice on the road.
Wonder if the horn sounds when it thinks I might see/hit a moose?
Also this chime let's u know that the parking sensor system is activated at accel, and as u slow for traffic stops/traffic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the temp display for a snowflake, let's driver know when there might be ice on the road.
Wonder if the horn sounds when it thinks I might see/hit a moose?
Also this chime let's u know that the parking sensor system is activated at accel, and as u slow for traffic stops/traffic
Yeah! the snowflake does blink when that happens. forgot to mention that. Is there any ]\way I can turn that off? cause it blinked/chimed when there was no snow/ice around but it was a bit cold?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Is the chime when you start the engine or when you start driving the car. The chime when the ignition first comes on is part of the test of indication lights - the warning lights go through their test process so you can see if there is a globe blown, likewise the chime sounds so you know it is working.

If the chime comes up when you go to drive off it would normally be indicating an issue and should be accompanied with a light or message centre message.

Oh - it is not the reverse parking sensor chime when you have selected reverse by any chance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts