RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im trying to locat the oil sensors locations, can anyone help with pictures, i can find 2 sensors near the oil filter and one just slight above the oil filter . Can anyone help?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Depends on what you mean by "all" oil sensors. What is you actual issue that has you looking for multiple sensors?

I can only think of pressure sensor and level on the sump on older Classics. Some newer Rovers have oil temp sensors. I seriously doubt your old Buick engine has more than the two oil sensors.

EDIT: Then again we have no clue what engine you have installed. It is petrol, diesel or some conversion?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you RR for the reply, i have attached a picture. Im doing a new eletrical rewiring for my range and only one sensor which is shown in the pic attached was connected, i dont know the other 2 for what and to where shall these be connected?

The engine i have is 3.5 petrol.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi . Another clarification please. Where is the location of the diff lock switch . Thanks

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Hi . Another clarification please. Where is the location of the diff lock switch . Thanks

I don't mean to be a jerk but if you're rewiring your vehicle, you need the RAVE it gives you all the info based on model year and since you asked nicely with please, being it has a 3.5 it is 88 or older thus your switch will be on top of the transfer case passenger side where the upper link connects, not the vertical to the front.
all due honesty it is better if you see it on a picture or a drawing which is on the rave.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ 95classiclwb thank for the reply. Much appreciated. Im new to my rrc, What is a rave and is it some software that can be downloaded?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
yes the rave is the factory repair manual. I use "land rover resource. com" the are a few other websites offering it as well. they can be found on the stickies at top of this page.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ 95classiclwb, thanks mate for the help, i have finished half of the rewiring project. Still half to go and finish all.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The '88 only had to oil sensors from the factory. Oil pressure on the side of the oil pump which you have labeled and oil level which is on the side of the sump... typically with the wires ripped out by now. The other two on your oil pump look like there for an aftermarket gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts