RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving these headaches for the last 17-18 years we are bout to take on another, #3 is being sought after now as #2 died a common death and #1 is still clicking along but has been replaced too.

#1 our 96 4.0 we bought back in 2001 is now sitting at 231,000 and has survived us the parents, Daughter one for a year or so and then daughter 2 for last 1 1/2 years. Paint has faded on the hood and roof, headliner sagging and a few small oil leaks, Daughter 2 just bought herself a truck and is moving out of the 96.

#2 our 2000 has suffered the dreaded overheating issue, runs great for about 10 minutes then jumps into the red zone. I spent a weekend under the hood an tore the top end off and all looked good from what I could see, replaced all the gaskets and o rings and didn't seem to fix it, so its sitting in the garage with hopes of finding another owner that may want to dig a bit deeper into the issue...I just don't have to room or time to pull a motor and rebuild/replace. She got us through the last 10 years with many memories and miles. sitting at 208,000 miles

#3 is coming home soon...Still searching for one to bring home, Looking at a few 2007's and a few 2008's. the thought of a supercharged vehicle sounds like fun and trouble but whats the lifespan of a supercharger and cost to replace/rebuild?

When #2 suffered her injury, I asked my wife what should we replace it with and her first words were another rover. I brought up a Tahoe, Yukon or suburban and she said no and everyone has one, so I searched the ads for other vehicles. thought maybe another BMW car as we loved or 5 series many years ago, again a no from the wife. then thought to myself..We have had Rovers, Mercedes, BMW, VW, Ford, Oldsmobile...what the heck lets look at a Porsche cayenne, about the same pricing...again a no. So #3 rover search is continuing.

anything I should look for in a 2007-2008 rover? The few were looking at are in the 85,000 to 110,000 mile range. Wish I could buy newer but some recent medical bills kinda killed the auto funding and in need of another car now. and of course there is nothing close to us so its a 4 hour drive north or 5-6 south to pick one up.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
As you are not looking for another P38 I have moved this to the L322.

2007-2009 are very reliable when properly maintained. They don;t have all change of issues of the 2006. I would lean towards the 4.4 naturally aspirated. 4.2 SC can be fun but the superchargers are technically a wear item.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#3 Purchased and coming home this weekend, I have to run up north a bit to pick it up. 2008 HSE 4.4 LUX with 78,200 miles on it.
Its the Dark Grey with the Ivory Interior.
Hope I get another 10+ years out of it.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
689 Posts
I just picked up an 08 Supercharged with 30k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
That's not a Range Rover? It's a Ford......

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
343 Posts
Great find. I found a 2010 similar. But really want an 2012. Still looking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts