RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I have a faulty TPMS Module - I have had the sensors checked and I am still getting the random TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING FAILURE error message every now and again. Resets the next journey and good for a couple of days. So I have decided to get a replacement module. I like to do as much as I can myself, so can anyone tell me where this thing is located on a 2007 HSE?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Richard I think you will find it under the Front Passenger seat next to the BCECM, Its also possible that the TPMS in one of your wheels has a bad Li battery or you may have water in one of the Antenna connectors behind the wheel arch plastic liner. Some tire shops have a scanner to check the TPMS units. Let me know what you find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
I have a 2007 l322 US model and need to replace the TMPS module as per the dealer. Would anyone possibly have a picture or diagram that shows how to get to it and what it looks like? I rather not break any thing. Much much appreciated.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
150 Posts
Hi
I have a 2007 l322 US model and need to replace the TMPS module as per the dealer. Would anyone possibly have a picture or diagram that shows how to get to it and what it looks like? I rather not break any thing. Much much appreciated.

Search (and RAVE) is your friend:

Search for, and download RAVE (the workshop manual package) on this forum. If not, google it for a free download.
THE TPMS module is under the front passenger seat.

Electronic control unit (ECU) - tyre
pressure monitoring (TPM)
tpms.jpg
If the ECU is to be replaced then Testbook/T4 must
be connected and correct procedures adhered to,
prior to battery disconnection.
Remove
1. Remove the Body Control Unit (see RAVE)(BCU).
+ CONTROL UNITS AND RELAYS,
REPAIRS, Body Control Unit (BCU).
2. Release tyre pressure monitoring ECU from
holder, disconnect multiplug and remove ECU.
Refit
1. Position ECU, connect multiplug and fit ECU to
holder.
2. Fit BCU.
+ CONTROL UNITS AND RELAYS,
REPAIRS, Body Control Unit (BCU).
3. Configure

is the short version.....

D2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for such a detailed response. I just got around to downloading the Rave but it didnt show me any pictures or what the module looks like. I can only assume that I dont know how to fund it - I did try. May I please ask you some rookie questions?

First, I need to get the terminology straight. Is a control unit the black holder box, Relay the wire harness, and ECU the left white box that you have a red arrow on?

Dealer told me to replace the TMPS module, part # NNW502305. Would that be the white box or both the black holder box + the white box?

Also, is there any programming involved or can I simply move replace the module and drive on?

Finally, do I need to take the seat out or can I do this safely by just moving the seat?

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,358 Posts
RAVE only covers petrol models to '05MY and diesels to '06MY.

The TPMS module on your '07 model is located in the boot behind the cover on the RH side, next to the auxiliary junction box.

Phil

·
Registered
70 Posts
How do I know if my 2003 RR came with tmps? Did all RR in 2003 come with this option? I have 2 sets of wheels, none of the wheels came with sensors. Would I be getting a prompt on the dash indicating missing sensors?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
2003 TPMS system components are pictured and laid out in RAVE in the Drivers Aids section. If I remember correctly you will have a TPMS set button to the left of your clock.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
41 Posts
I installed the $150 TPMS module, in my '09 full sized supercharged it's in the rear on the passenger side, and is connected with just two large plugs, one blue, one green. Without unscrewing the original module, I just unplugged it, and plugged in the new one to see if it would make any difference. Upon first start up after the 2 plug installation warning light, no dash message, nothing. I've driven only about 40 miles, but so far so good.
I can post photos if that would be helpful, so just let me know- I won't tell you to look it up in RAVE or use the worthless search function on the site, I'll actually provide a helping hand:grin:
CATTMAN

1 - 20 of 41 Posts