Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2006 Range Rover Sport. In the Cubby Box, there is a "hard connection" for a mobile phone. Does anyone know what phone fits this connection? Is it a standard Range Rover product or something like an off the shelf Nokia?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check your owner's manual, you need to purchase a compatible cradle first, fairly expensive. Cradles have not been manufactured in years for that connector, and the few still available are only compatible with relatively ancient Nokia handsets. Here is one example (if you are in the US): http://www.bputah.com/RR44/Range_Rover_ ... radle.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply. There is a cradle in place so I guess I would need to search for the compatible Nokia handset that would go with this. Any idea as to what Nokia handset was used??

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
What's the cradle part # in your car? It should be printed on its tag (you may need to remove the cradle to read it.) If the part # matches the one posted in the link above, there's your answer: Compatible phones are Nokia 6100, 6220 or 6230.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
116 Posts
Bluetooth is the way to go nowadays .

Just add a phone holder to the dash and you are ready to go . I got this removable holder that fits the center console on the RR Sport without the need for any tools :

proclipusa.com

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover Sport utility vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts