RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i recently bought an accident damaged P38 2.5 DT as it was my cheapest option of converting my petrol P38 to diesel mainly because i didn't want to sell my petrol as its immaculate. I cannot start this 2.5 it keeps on saying engine dissabled press remote. I got my eka code but for some reason the car won't recognise the lock. I tried swapping locks with my petrol and actually ended up putting the diesel one on my petrol which i know runs and it fired straight into life so i know the lock is good, i did the same with the door distribution box, still nothing. Tried several things from the advice pages, turning switch to position 2 then connecting battery, pressing fob buttons while going through various lock/unlock procedures... really banging my head against a brick wall! the trouble i have now of course, if i can't get it going myself i will have to take it somewhere probably to have something reprogrammed and i'm going to look a right tit turning up with a written off car trying to get it started! for some reason the car doesn't recognise the drivers door at all, the window won't work its as if there is no power getting to the drivers door? the door won't shut due to the damage but this doesn't seem to make any difference as i also tryed closing the lock on my good P38 in exactly the same way with the door open and it accepted the lock... i really am at my wits end... i obviously need to get it running before i start stripping it as i really won't know where i am if i try all this in the other car once fitted.
Any advice greatly received...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought i would post an update, i have got it running! :dance: turned out to be a terminal in the drivers dooe multiplug that has actually corroded off, when you look in the plug you can see the terminal its only when you really study it you can see its corroded off. Its amazing that one tiny wire can prevent everything on the drivers door from working and stop the engine cranking! frightening really! Anyway needless to say i am a very happy chappie!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts