RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this forum save my life and I was able to remove the super lock in my Rover.

I have a 2001 Range Rover HSE and i have a series of questions you maybe can help me.

1. How do I re-sync my Key fob?

2.- My Roger keep looking and unlocking itself all day, all doors but the pilot one and a lot of times I can open the co-pilot door for the same reason.

3.- I’m afraid to súper lock the truck so I never lock it with the key, what would happen if I lock with my hand and unlock with the key? Will that work?

4.- How do I restart windows and stuff alerts.

Thanks! Hope somebody have answers :)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
1. Put the key in to door lock, turn key to lock position and hold there, press lock button on the fob and hold until the red LED starts to flash quickly, release button on the fob, turn key back to centre. Then turn key to unlock and do the same process in the unlock position. If that doesn't work, see 2.

2. Microswitches in the drivers door latch are failing. You need to replace the door latch. Do it soon before you get locked out, it will happen and you will need diagnostics to reset things. Failed microswitches can also prevent you from syncing the fob as it needs the switches to be sending the correct signals to the BeCM to sync.

3. Superlock is engaged by pressing the fob button or turning the key in the lock twice in quick succession. If you lock with the fob, you must unlock with the fob. If you lock with the key you can unlock with the key or fob. If, by locking with your hand you mean pressing the sill locking button down, you can't. It will assume you did it accidentally and unlock the door when you close it.

4. To turn off the Window Not Set message, set the windows by pressing the button to take them all the way down, hold the button in the down position for a couple of seconds, then take the window all the way up and hold. The dash will beep and Window Set will come up on the dash. Repeat for all windows and sunroof.

·
Registered
45 Posts
MartyNZ at 'p38webshop.co.uk' can replace the switches in your lock, but is in the UK (that is .co, not .com), and ships internationally. He might not have a LHD lock in stock for a quick exchange. My advice is do not use superlocking, to avoid trouble. If you remove your own lock, take pictures of how the rods attach to it, and of how the wiring runs past the window mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MartyNZ at 'p38webshop.co.uk' can replace the switches in your lock, but is in the UK (that is .co, not .com), and ships internationally. He might not have a LHD lock in stock for a quick exchange. My advice is do not use superlocking, to avoid trouble. If you remove your own lock, take pictures of how the rods attach to it, and of how the wiring runs past the window mechanism.
Can you lock with the key without superlock? Meaning, my keyfob don't work, so, can I lock it with the key and unlocked?

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Yes, you can use just the key to lock and unlock the car. This has nothing to do with superlock.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
As I said, to superlock you need to lock twice either with the fob or the key so you can simply lock, by just turning the key once. However, the key locking mechanism was designed for emergency use if the fob batteries died and was never intended to be used all the time. So using that all the time, coupled with the dancing locks means you are driving a ticking timebomb. It is going to immobilise itself sooner rather than later so get the latch replaced as soon as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts