RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See my new avatar - it's HOT here in Melbourne, Australia. Can anyone beat the 47 C displayed temp?

I've had the above message at random times. Usually it's with the message of other fuses failed. Does this indicate a BECM on the way out?

It always fixes itself after a few seconds. Yesterday it happened when I was driving. It always happens on hot days. I have to reset the windows at that point so it's as is if the power from the battery's been cut and reconnected.

Thanks for any guidance.

Tom

·
Registered
340 Posts
My hunch would be fusebox, those are some crazy temps you're recording - so probably the car is sat in the direct sun and everything under the bonnet, including the fusebox, is getting fried. How does the fusebox look/ smell?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have a look. Last time I checked the fue box it appeared perfect. I think the message was Fuse 8, 9 and 30 failed. Fuse 8 and 9 are beside the seat which led me to think the fault was being generated from the BECM. When I get the message, the front windows, dash lights, radio and HEVAC all stop working. Then they start up again.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Fuses 8, 9, 10, 20 and 22, which are all in the BeCM, are all fed from Maxi Fuse 5 in the underbonnet fusebox on the thick Brown/Pink wire. F8 feeds RL7 in the BeCM which supplies ignition switched power to the Radio, dash lights and HEVAC, while the others do the door outstations (which explains why you have to reset the windows) and electric seats. Check the connection at the BeCM and on the underside of the underbonnet fusebox are tight, otherwise you are almost certainly looking at a new fusebox (good insurance if it has never been changed anyway).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue with random fuse 8,9,10, 20 & 22 errors. Turned out to be one of the three stud type of electrical connectors on the bottom of the fuse box had cracked solder joints. Fixed a new box and no problems since.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll get on to it. It was changed about 6 years ago but they don't last too long. Stand by for an update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts