RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RRS SC and I have been having random alarm sounding issues. Reading this forum, I assumed it to be the hood latch sensor. I bypassed it and removed the switch. I checked continuity on the switch after removal and it was fine, so I assumed bypassing wouldn’t work and it did not. The alarm went off that night. The next day, I tried to set the alarm to lock the car and I got the quiet double horn to let you know something is amiss. I shut each door more forcefully and locked with the remote. The double horn sound went away and the car locked appropriately when I slammed the front passenger door shut. I assumed this door sensor was the culprit. I ordered the part and replaced it.

Remove door panel, remove inner portion, take window off track, remove sensor, replace, reverse all steps. 2 days later I went to wash my Rover while locked and the first spray off the hose on that door set the alarm off. I thought hopefully that was anomalous and then the next day I locked the Rover went inside and 1 hour later alarm went off. I am getting no messages on the display.

Any suggestions would be great. I feel like I am going to have to just change out all the door sensors one at a time. Ughh. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, another data point: I believe the alarm going off is somehow temperature related. It seems that when it is hot and especially humid, here in Virginia, the alarm is more prone to go off. Does anyone have any insight or knowledge to share on this topic? Thank you.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
Must be the magnetic field. I have the same problem. I jumpered the hood switch long ago. Now we just leave it unlocked. I wish I had a
reader that would tell why it does this.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Heat expands metal, alignments change and sensors have a very tight tolerance. You can make very minor adjustments in your latches when hot so that the doors close just a minuscule bit tighter. You can also disconnect the hood sensor. On Sports I believe you jumper the harness to fool the alarm that the hood is always closed. On full sized you just unplug it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RRToadHall, thanks for the reply. The alarm went off with the hood switch bypassed anyway, so I reconnected the hood switch. Do you have any idea on how to adjust the latches for the doors? I am not receiving any warnings on the display and this is frustrating. I have replaced the passenger door latch, still alarming and would rather not replace those again! My fat hands do not play well inside those door panels!:oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts