RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a pair of Rain X wiper blades after checking their website to make sure they would fit. Here's what it looks like
RPO9HlV.png

After taking my blades off, I realized they weren't J hooks at all (should have checked before I ordered, stupid mistake), and there's no way for them to clip on as seen here.

Am I doing something wrong here? I ordered off of amazon, and on their website too it says this blade should fit the car.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nope, L322 definitely uses a proprietary connector for the wipers, which sucks. I'm in the same boat as you right now.

It's the same arm style as the BMW e39 5 series.

There was apparently an adapter made we could purchase to use with any universal wipers like Rain X etc. But I can't find anyone with them.

I just changed my rear wiper, it's J hook and easy enough to deal with.

When the weather is nicer I'm going to grab some Bosch Icons or whatever and see how hard it is to adapt to our arm.

I read you can just put a bolt through the arm and wiper so I'll check that out.

2006 L322 4.2L SC

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
206 Posts
You've broken the arm!! I haven't changed a set of blades for a while but as I recall, you have to leave the swivel on the end of the arm!! You should have unclipped the old blades of off the swivel point. That's the bit that sits in between the two holes either end of your arm. Then when unclipped, the new ones normally just push on.
Basically, you've taken too much of off the arm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, L322 definitely uses a proprietary connector for the wipers, which sucks. I'm in the same boat as you right now.

It's the same arm style as the BMW e39 5 series.

There was apparently an adapter made we could purchase to use with any universal wipers like Rain X etc. But I can't find anyone with them.

I just changed my rear wiper, it's J hook and easy enough to deal with.

When the weather is nicer I'm going to grab some Bosch Icons or whatever and see how hard it is to adapt to our arm.

I read you can just put a bolt through the arm and wiper so I'll check that out.

2006 L322 4.2L SC
Yup just installed the rear blade since that's a simple J hook.

You've broken the arm!! I haven't changed a set of blades for a while but as I recall, you have to leave the swivel on the end of the arm!! You should have unclipped the old blades of off the swivel point. That's the bit that sits in between the two holes either end of your arm. Then when unclipped, the new ones normally just push on.
Basically, you've taken too much of off the arm.
No the arm is not broken, I took the little adapter part off lol. You can do this by squeezing the back of it and it pops off. I just re-installed the oem blades for now though and will return the rain x ones to amazon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to use the RainX as well and found out that they do not fit. I ended up poaching the rubber from some new blades of the same length and inserting it into the factory arms.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts