RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I dare say this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the exact problem in my search.

I have had this problem twice now. First when I washed the Rangey and, this weekend it was parked out in heavy rain. Normally it is garaged so don't see it.

Water is running down the inside of the windscreen both sides just below where the holes are in the roof gulleys. The water either drips onto the dash or to the floor. When I bought the car,the holes in the gulleys were full of dirt and didn't drain. I cleared them out and I think now I have started this problem. The carpets aren't wet and the previous owner parked it outside and used it daily. The question is, is this a windscreen sealing issue or a roof issue?

Cheers for any help

Rob

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's a roof issue. I had the same exact problem. I had to drop the headliner and replace all four of the rubbers. Your front hoses may be broken. If it were something else then you would have water leaking onto your radio and center console. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I had a similar leak, turned out to be a bad windshield seal, to further the issue mine is a 95 with the heated d1 style wind screen.
the solution was to remove windscreen and reseal all.
good luck.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
217 Posts
I had some luck on my '92 putting some clear silicone sealant between the glass and the seal. It would only leak when the rain was really heavy but the sealant seemed to help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'll get the headliner down and have a look. It needs replacing anyway.

Cheers

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts