RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I've not long has my lovely 2006 L322, investigating the rain sensor not working I found it not connected but worse the plug has been pulled off.

So, firstly any ideas where I can get a plug?

Secondly any ideas what the wiring is for the plug?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Was the windshield replaced? If so, it is possible that the replacement glass does not have the sensor capability, hence no wire or plug.

That's all I got.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point, I think it is a replacement screen, I'd still ideally like to wire it back up and see what happens...

·
Registered
385 Posts
My point was that the windshield/screen either has the rain sensor feature or not. If it doesn't have it, there is no wire or plug from the glass to insert into the control module.

Whomever put in the replacement glass may have purchased the cheaper glass without the sensor. If it is the correct glass, then the installer didn't hook it up and the wire and plug should be there somewhere.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,165 Posts
If you have the rain sensor box in your hand, you can't put it back on the glass. They come from the glass manufacturer already sealed to the glass. I don't believe there is anyway to re glue one to the glass once its off. The wiring harness to the glass sensor is up behind your rear view mirror, there is a 10 pin connector up there that feeds your auto dimming mirror, and a 4 wire harness about 2" long that jumps down from that connector to the rain sensor connector, has that harness been ripped away or broken?.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
106 Posts
Sorry... a little bit off-topic...

I did not have rain sensor when I got my 03, but when I went for a windshield replacement I got a windshield with rain sensor... but only the part on the glass, not the little black box.

I saw listings for used sensors, and even new ones are not terribly expensive... I wonder if I could buy a sensor and "add" the rain sensor function? The only problem I could think of is that whether the connector to the sensor is within the harness behind (actually in front of) the rear view mirror. If there is the connector, I probably need a new cover for the mirror stem, but that is optional to me...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The four wire harness is still there but the connector has been pulled off, I've scoured the web looking for a suitable connector but no luck, that's the problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After chatting with the parts department this is part of the main wiring harness solo hopefully the wiring will be there for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts