RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rain sensor had been acting up ever since they replaced the windscreen. I finally got a replacement from the dealer when I took Reggie in for her 90K service. The dealer assured me that it did not need to be programmed into the system, but was plug and play. Well after plugging in the new one the wipers act as if there is no sensor at all. The delay setting are now actually timing the wipers and if I spray water between wipes, the sensor does nothing.

Could it be a bad sensor or is the dealer full of it and it does need to be programmed into the ECU?

I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes like I did when the bluetooth module acted up, but that did not fix it.

This was the first vehicle I have owned where the automatic wipers actually worked well. Don't get me started on the Volvo rain sensors... I would like to have them work properly again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
111 Posts
FWIW.. i jsut got my glass replaced and have the same problem. The auto is now normal timed. doesnt matter if no rain or pouring, doesn't seem to change. This is aftermarket glass, not sure if it has to do with that. I had a windshield repalced before, with Pilkington that time (thats OEM, but without the LR stamp) and it worked fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts