RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio Volume on my 2011 RRS increases to maximum on its own. The frequency is from two or three times daily to once a week. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon and if so, what was the remedy ... software or hardware?

Thanks, usmcfred

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
59 Posts
When i owned a BMW 540 the radio volume would increase and decrease automatically on the motorway due to the extra road noise, maybe the sport RR has a similar system ?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts
^^^
but not to the maximum, something is not right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^
but not to the maximum, something is not right.
Yes, precisely. This is not a gradual increase in volume to offset road or wind noise. It goes right to maximum volume in a second. Thanks ...

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts
^^^
you may try battery disconnect.
turn the car off, open hood, wait 10~15 min disconnect battery and tach cables together.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
431 Posts
That’s a standard Lucas design feature !

Maybe contaminated switches on the steering wheel - probably have to remove the wheel to access the switch and try cleaning with contact cleaner - or perhaps you can just try to squirt some in there (with battery disconnected) with the little straw .... but could be wiring short somewhere, firmware issue and a few other things .... I’d start with the switch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Buba and Alpaca for your suggestions. It happened again yesterday. I am getting good at turning the volume knob down quickly to prevent the speakers from getting blown out. usmcfred

·
Registered
174 Posts
There might be a way to control the speed or max volume setting with engine speed. You might try accessing some of the BCM inputs. These parameters may be user adjustable. Just a thought... Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts