RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in the process of swapping out my YIK500030 for an Android radio. I will give you the head unit, navigation unit and 6 CD changer I'm pulling out for the price of shipping, but you'll need to come up with a wiring harness to hook them all together.

The other alternative is to buy the Android radio and wiring harness, I paid $312 for the head unit, wiring harness and backup camera. This will give me hands free bluetooth, streaming bluetooth, DVD player, backup camera, and whatever Android apps I want to install like Google Maps or Waze for navigation. It came with a GPS antenna and a WiFi antenna. The replacements for a 2003 - 2005 Range Rover are the same as a BMW E39.

Here is a link to the radio I bought - Eonon GA9301B. They have additional models that fit the BMW E39 that might be of interest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to upgrade/change the audio system from the radio to the sat nav (Part N° YIK500030), who have done the job before?

Apart from the YIK500030 nav, it's necessary something more?

Will the steering wheel buttons work the new radio system, and was it hard to put in?

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will the steering wheel buttons work the new radio system, and was it hard to put in?
Yes, the steering wheel buttons work with my new radio. As for was it hard to put in depends on your level of expertise. Here is a link that has the instructions well mapped out. https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/317810-2004-range-rover-l322-stereo-upgrade.html
Thanks im going to get started on that soon. My brother can do it i just to do the dash and stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Boulala22
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing