Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover / 2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder / 2019 BMW X5
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe there is a huge flaw in the Favorites menu for preset radio stations. In most other vehicles, including previous Range Rovers we have owned. Your presets or favorites can be a mix of AM/FM Radio as well as Sirius Radio.

In our newly acquired 2017 RR TD6, it would appear that you can no longer have a mix of AM/FM/Sirius within your favorites list. Instead, you can only have Favorites within AM, Favorites within FM and of course favorites within Sirius.

This is quite a flaw in my opinion as I am used to searching through both my favorite FM & Sirius stations while driving, looking for something I want to listen to. Now, you have to switch from FM to Sirius to do the same.

Anyone else feel this way or noticed this? Or am I totally missing something here and it is in fact an option to mix them up?

Hoping for the latter! :confused:

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
470 Posts
I am very happy with it...I listen to AM only for news / traffic every once in a bit...Almost never listen to FM but do have a few programmed in....I mostly listen to SAT and the fact that you can have pretty much as many favorites as you want is huge....My Wife's Cayenne you get 6 presets, then have 4 button presses to get to the next 6 presets and then again to get to the 3rd...that is truly a PITA...

·
Registered
279 Posts
You can set up whatever you want in your own "personal" home screen so you can have mixed presets or whatever else you want on the home screen you design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my 2013 Discovery the station list updates and shows FM stations with the strongest signal. Hit any of the top 3-4 stations and you are guaranteed a good signal. This is missing in my new 2017 LWB AB. Instead, the system updates alphabetically and you have to then try and find a strong signal station by trying each one. Lousy design! When you select a station, and find it has poor/no signal, the system returns you to the main screen, not even to the station list. More poor design! JLR need much stronger focus on usability - or better still add CarPlay and Android Auto capability and leave it to the experts! It sucks that even the latest products from JLR are not among the 250+ models which do come with these options today.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
If something like that is such a major issue, I cant help but wonder why you didn't check for it before plonking the coin on the table.
Mind, I would say you'd be one of very few that has that issue, and I'd say your location has something to do with it.....

In my 2013 Discovery the station list updates and shows FM stations with the strongest signal. Hit any of the top 3-4 stations and you are guaranteed a good signal. This is missing in my new 2017 LWB AB. Instead, the system updates alphabetically and you have to then try and find a strong signal station by trying each one. Lousy design! When you select a station, and find it has poor/no signal, the system returns you to the main screen, not even to the station list. More poor design! JLR need much stronger focus on usability - or better still add CarPlay and Android Auto capability and leave it to the experts! It sucks that even the latest products from JLR are not among the 250+ models which do come with these options today.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
998 Posts
I believe there is a huge flaw in the Favorites menu for preset radio stations. In most other vehicles, including previous Range Rovers we have owned. Your presets or favorites can be a mix of AM/FM Radio as well as Sirius Radio.
Which Range Rover had this feature? I feel like I missed something because I don't remember ever having been able to mix and match source presets.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've had Sirius, fm and am all programmed on the favorites list. Sirius is now gone as my subscription expired and I'm not re-upping until they fix my tune scan from not working.
Is this what your talking about? Also, never noticed the strongest signal thing - I've seen where you get to sort the stations by frequency or name I think but noticed nothing about the signal strength as it relates to what's listed or what plays.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
950 Posts
My 2011 RRS doesn't have it. But my 2008 GMC Sierra had it and I thought it was great but I spent 8hours a day in it so I used it a lot. I rarely turn on FM though.

Not something that would alter may choice of which vehicle to drive though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts