RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so be gentle...

I have a 2000, Range Rover HSE 4.6. It has an Alpine XQD10158OLNF head unit. I have taken out the stock subwoofer that came with the truck and replaced it with a kicker, pre-enclosed sub that works great. I am not using the CD player in leiu of using a cassette set up with the iPhone. This works surprisingly well by the way. I just ran the wire above and behind the head unit, drilled a hole in my ash tray and have the 3.5mm plug hiding in the ash tray. Regardles… this is where the story begins...

RADIO RECEPTION: I have read over 3,000 posts from this website and I have fixed quite a few issues so far so thanks. I have tried every tip that has been recommended so far. I have checked the connections at the rear of the radio. I have checked both the AM and AM/FM amplifiers on the rear glass. I have ran a wire from the spade clip and up around the rear pillar. What is the next step? Are there any other options that I haven’t looked into?

SPEAKERS: The right speakers do not work. They did work before but I can’t put a finger on exactly when they went out. Is there a fuse close to the speakers I should check? All speakers on the right side don’t work. I have tried it with the CD player in, CD player out, new subwoofer, old subwoofer, etc…. Are there any recommendations on how I can check to see if I blew a fuse somewhere down the line?

RADIO POWER: Recently I got another little surprise. When I get in the truck I have to manually turn the power on (hit the power button). When I get out, I have to hit the power button to turn it off. This literally just started. Is that a feature that I activated or just another gremlin?

I have other issues with the rig but will stop there. I can get pictures, video, excerpts from a diary, etc… If I need to post more detailed information, just let me know and I will repost. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure exactly how to test the unit but it sounds like it is defnintely a radio problem. I was hoping it was something as simple as an amp problem or a fuse issue. I am new to the diagnostic world but is there something I can do with my voltmeter to test or would you recommend I actually send it to be tested? I have zero idea how difficult it may be. I can try to google it if nothing else. Thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts