Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio on my L322 is not working. There is no radio audio although the sat nav audio is fine. Not sure about the cd (as you can see from the photo I cant get it into CD mode).
Electronics Technology Electronic device Car Vehicle

Any ideas? Is it the display unit or the radio module? Or summat else. Be grateful for any assistance.

·
Registered
2016 HSE Td6
1,022 Posts
It might be good for us to know whether it ever worked (did you just buy the truck?) and whether anything "funny" has recently occurred. It could be water in the rear compartment or a fuse (although I don't have my RAVE handed to know if the radio module is on a separate fuse than the gps/computer module. It also be a blown amp(?). Really these are just guesses until more info is provided.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did work fine.
Nothing remarkable happened as far as I know before it malfunctioned (no flat battery but I have since put a new battery in), wasn't after a service.
I've checked the two radio fuses in the passenger dash (tho these are the same as the mfd I believe) and the fuse on the radio module.
I've disconnected and checked the connections on all the bits in the rear compartment - no sign of water nor corrosion.
The sat nav is still audible so I believe that indicates the amp is okay.

Any other thoughts greatly appreciated.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
ahhh new battery. Did you ensure a proper wait prior to disconnecting the battery for replacement?

·
Registered
2016 HSE Td6
1,022 Posts
Does your gps work? Your picture is the computer display. This will work with just about everything in the rear fried. Is EVERYTHING working except the sound?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your gps work? Your picture is the computer display. This will work with just about everything in the rear fried. Is EVERYTHING working except the sound?
The gps works.

The reason for showing that picture is the top section should contain the radio info but none of the boxes have text in them (its so long since its worked and not my car that I can't remember what goes in there but it should show the radio station frequency etc).

So the things that aren't working are the radio sound and the radio display. The sat nav sound works fine. Cant tell about the cd multichanger because I'm unable to change the mode to cd as this display is not working.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,270 Posts
Put a CD in the changer, turn on stereo, push "mode" button to see if the cd player engages (listen for it in the glovebox). No display needed, as the "mode" button does it all.

Martin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put a CD in the changer, turn on stereo, push "mode" button to see if the cd player engages (listen for it in the glovebox). No display needed, as the "mode" button does it all.
Martin
No activity from the CD changer when the 'MODE' button is pressed a few times.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
I am also having exactly the same issue with my L322. It doesn't show any FM/AM stations and doesn't change to CD player mode. No sound is coming out of the radio. I got t checked and I was told the Radio was dead... I went and bought a new radio (YIJ5000030) and for my disappointment the problem continues. I got my my module and Amps checked but still no solution.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
183 Posts
Remove the radio cover in the boot (left hand side) and look for a large white plug and socket. Unplug this, count to twenty and plug it back in.

Might get it going again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all sorry for the same question but I've got a 2005 l322 radio not working was fin when I parked and the next day didn't work no sound also sat nav not working all I get is the control on the dash light up and the on off button just flashes.
I have had a look at all fuses there was some drips of condensation in boot but not bad ,thanks for your time ian

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Baldwin, the boot on the left side is in the same place on every car on the face of the earth. The Left is left as sitting in the driver's seat. So Left hand drive is steering wheel on the left. Right hand drive is the steering wheel on the right. The "boot" is the rear of the vehicle. So whatever you are looking for in your rig is on the left hand rear of of your rig.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
365 Posts
Since this has come up again.....

On my 05 NA RR, I have had the radio quit a few times. Sometimes its fixed by a simple shut down and restart but one time.....I had to pull fuses. IIRC there are three fuses that make the infotainment unit work and are in different locations. I pulled all of them counted to ten and replaced. Radio came back to life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this exact same issue. I was driving and then I hit the speech button on the steering wheel and now I have nothing for the radio description on the screen and no sound at all. Very annoying.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,463 Posts
Left rear corner of the truck behind the removable panel, all of the audio, nav and bluetooth modules are back there mounted in a rack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Left rear corner of the truck behind the removable panel, all of the audio, nav and bluetooth modules are back there mounted in a rack.
I too am having this problem with my 2008 SC RR with logic 7 and additional aftermarket subwoofers and amp. From my research I’ve concluded that the MOST fiber optic loop that feeds information to each component in the entertainment system has been damaged, unplugged, or otherwise interfered with in some way. Considering the fiber makes a loop from head unit around, if your cd changer is not working, I’d say the problem exist either there at it orr before it as the light travels there then to your rear where if like mine the REsystem is present, Bluetooth module, nav, factory amp andso on. This is called your MOST system (for whatever reason). If familiar with fiber optics you can simply bypass the cd changer in this case by splicing and creating a loop to bypass the changer and keep the light moving forward in the loop. You may not have a changer working but should have radio and everything else... Goodlu k

1 - 20 of 22 Posts