RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died and I had to re-enter the radio code. Turns out I lost it so I had to run down to the dealer to grab it. They gave it to me, I entered it and... no dice. I know its the correct code, after they told me I remembered it. This is where it gets odd... I tried it two more times, which in theory should lock out the radio; but it continued to let me press and hold the "bnd" button to clear it and try again. It kept letting me do this and will continue to let me do this. The guy at the dealer said something about a serial number on the back of the radio that they could send to land rover to get the code... but I know thats the right code; plus I don't want to pay the dealer to pull my radio out. Please help!! I need my radio; my commutes suck without it!!

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
the trim pulls off with no tools and the radio pulls out by sliding a tooth pick into each of the two holes top left and top right. Super easy and no reason to have the dealer remove. let it sit on the shelf for a day and then try again. If it a no go shoot it off to Roverville Radio and you can have it back in a couple days.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
I had the same issue with mine the first time the battery went dead.
I ended up leaving it for a day or so, then hooked it back up and it took the code no problem. I have since disconnected the battery plenty of times, and it took the code no problem. I think it was a PIA when the battery went dead, as that is the only time it gave me problems.
I suggest pulling the fuse for the radio for a day or so, then trying again.

Martin

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this problem when I bought my truck a month or so ago. I called the dealer & gave them my VIN #. They gave me the code for my truck. This didn't work. I had to call them back with the serial # off the radio. I then got the correct code. The radio in my truck was not the original. Must have been replaced @ some time. All the dealer will need is the Model of the radio & the serial # stamped on the metal part of it. Soon as i had the right code the radio came right on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved!

I tried taking it out and letting it sit, to no avail. It turns out I had to do the opposite... let it sit IN the car, with power on, for an hour continuously. Once I knew I had the right code, it just took an hour of sitting to allow the lockout period to clear. I entered the code and presto! music! just in time for summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts