RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS STUPID PROBLEM? i mentioned it to the dealer and they gave me the runaround saying the brakes can pull a lot of power from the electrical system which can effect the antenna if you're listening to a station that doesn't come in clear to begin with. i call BULLSH*T.
The only thing i can think of is that it started happening when i replaced the headlights with Halos and the tailights with LED bulbs. i just don't see that having an effect on the radio antenna.

thoughts?

·
Registered
93 Posts
cameradude said:
ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS STUPID PROBLEM? i mentioned it to the dealer and they gave me the runaround saying the brakes can pull a lot of power from the electrical system which can effect the antenna if you're listening to a station that doesn't come in clear to begin with. i call BULLSH*T.
The only thing i can think of is that it started happening when i replaced the headlights with Halos and the tailights with LED bulbs. i just don't see that having an effect on the radio antenna.

thoughts?
cameradude,
To help isolate the fault, try pulling the fuses (2) that feed the brake lamp switch circuit. Only pull one at a time though, so you can determine if it's the light circuit or the ABS circuit. This will give you a starting point from which to diagnose. I shoot Nikon by the way. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
He shoots Panavision, or RED.

Rafa

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rafa said:
He shoots Panavision, or RED.

Rafa
haha! sometimes, mainly Panasonic and Sony HD Fiberoptic

thanks for the tip, i'll try that this weekend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts