RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started to get bad radio interference when using my heated rear window.The front heated screen does not affect the radio when used.

Anyone had a similar problem? Coincidently a colleague has the same problem on his Disco 3.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like a bad earth connection.

The radio aerials are in the rear side windows. I think one side is for AM and the other for FM. Do you get interference in both frequency bands???

I assume there are connctions behind the side panels below each window, so worth having a poke around.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have nt tried on AM just FM

I have my panel in the upper tailgate currently off having being trying to sort my non-working rear wiper motor. Wonder if its connected in away, shared earths etc?

Car is currently with dealer having some bodywork done so asked for them to look on testbook. Will let you know if I diagnose it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know which side is FM? I"m getting static on FM and AM is working fine

garioch43 said:
Sounds like a bad earth connection.

The radio aerials are in the rear side windows. I think one side is for AM and the other for FM. Do you get interference in both frequency bands???

I assume there are connctions behind the side panels below each window, so worth having a poke around.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Removing the upper panel could have caused your problem. See attached. I am going to check the heating elements for a tear or cracking. That could also cause the interference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
garioch43 said:
The radio aerials are in the rear side windows. I think one side is for AM and the other for FM.
The passenger Side (UK) and Rear screen house the radio antennas. The other side is for the TV aerial. Maybe unplug the rear screen aerial to force the diversity unit (is this installed on low line?) to use the side screen just to see if the problem goes away. You could unplug from the amplifiers behind the left hand panel.

[attachment=0:32uip0h3]Aerials.JPG[/attachment:32uip0h3]

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue on 2008 RR 4.2 S/C. The dealer cannot find and fix the issue. The problem doesn't disappear even if you disconnect rear screen heater contacts in the upper side of tail gate. Replaced suppressors, checked grounding - doesn't help. Have you solved your issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I had the same fault on my 4.0 Vogue SE supercharged 2006. Had it checked by Guy Salmons of Sheffield who gave fault as being rear window. Auto Windscreens fitted new one yesterday and now fully fixed and the rear window demists again. £250+vat fitted. It is the back window BTW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts