RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After some work with rear wiper module the radio now sounds horrible, it is like it is not tuned in properly, it is that bad I cannot listen to it any more it's so annoying, you can here the station quite clear but you get the fade in and out every 10 seconds or so. any ideas anyone?

Steve

P.S. Where is the ariel is it in the rear heated windscreen?

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Year? Model?

What exactly is it you did with the "rear wiper module"?

Does it only interfere when the wiper is on?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Make sure that the antenna in the rear side window is plugged into the receiver in the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay repying busy at work!

OK here are some more details

Year? 2006 Model? I thought I had the correct forum "L322" most have made a mistake, its a L322 :)?

What exactly is it you did with the "rear wiper module"? Removed and resealed the unit as it was leaking

Does it only interfere when the wiper is on? No it's all the time.

Hope this extra info helps you help me.

Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure that the antenna in the rear side window is plugged into the receiver in the rear of the vehicle.
Is the receiver in the left hand side (looking into the boot) behind the cover? if it is it's like a birds nest in there, the previous owner has had a playstation 2 installed along with rear head rest monitors and remove headset, whoever did it wants a kicking as it's a terrible job, I do suspect it is in this area but needed advice what to look for and if the antennas was anywhere around this area.

Anyone have a picture to hand of what to look for that they can post?

Steve

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,165 Posts
That's the antenna amplifier, not the receiver. The receiver is located at the bottom of the stack of modules in the left rear corner of the truck forward of the satellite radio module. Has a part number like VUX500103, or 104.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the antenna amplifier, not the receiver. The receiver is located at the bottom of the stack of modules in the left rear corner of the truck forward of the satellite radio module. Has a part number like VUX500103, or 104.
OK I cannot find a VUX500103 but have found a XRA500031 and this (when searching google) is a radio receiver is this the box i am looking for?

Thanks

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts