RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey P38 gurus!

So I've got a 2001 RR HSE with the Alpine radio and the SAT NAV system. I've had these problems since buying the RR about 3-4 years ago.

So, when I click the power button the radio turns on. All lights and buttons working properly. But the speakers just have static. The static can't change volume either. It will go and then stop for about a second and then go again. Now I thought that the above problem was speaker related, but no! I took several out and they work fine. I had no clue what the problem was. THEN, the other day I randomly hit the button and it worked. It worked for about 10 minutes of flipping through radio stations, then stopped.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my SAT NAV is completely nonworking. No nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Pulaski

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a fancy stereo amplifier that was fitted as an option at the time.

It lives in the boot behind your subwoofer.

If that is the problem you're in for some trouble, as nobody seems to repair them and they are nigh on impossible to find used.

I would check and clean all connections on the head unit, amp, aerial, subwoofer etc, and all ground wires, before looking for dsp alternatives.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a fancy stereo amplifier that was fitted as an option at the time.

It lives in the boot behind your subwoofer.

If that is the problem you're in for some trouble, as nobody seems to repair them and they are nigh on impossible to find used.

I would check and clean all connections on the head unit, amp, aerial, subwoofer etc, and all ground wires, before looking for dsp alternatives.
Thanks. I'll do that. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts