RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get a code for a Clarion PU-9836A, ser number is CR0154X0036048, tried online but £23.99 is a bit steep, sent my other one back to Clarion had it refurbished, code removed and a lead fitted with Jack plug for around £80!

Just want to see if this one works but need a code for it..anybody know somebody that can get me a code for a fair price?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Free from your local Land Rover main agent. Just go in with your V5 and driving licence to prove it is yours and you are who you say you are and ask for the data sheet for your car. It gives the Radio Code, EKA code, Lockset Barcode as well as things like build date, original spec, options, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richard I had no idea they were so helpful, last time I went to a Land rover dealer parked my lifted P38 in car park and salesman threw me daggers!! Joking aside I will give them a try...Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
Most likely they do not have these files any longer. Just as they do not carry the EKAs any longer. Remove radio and see if it written on top... many are. If the dealer doesn;t have it you can send it off to GB 4x4 Radios. They will go through it and fix any issues, can add an Aux input on the face that looks entire factory and get you your code, or assign a new one. They are killer terrific to work with, give stellar customer service and do top notch quality work.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
He's in the UK, dealers here have access directly to the Land Rover servers and just download the datasheet from there. The most recent one I have was obtained from them in October last year for a '96 car. GB 4x4 may be an option in the US but in the UK it's simpler to send direct to Clarion. The same '96 car has a radio in it that had been sent to GB (but under their previous name) and all they'd done was forward it on to Clarion to be repaired.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does have a sticker on it, saying it was decoded but instead of the code they wrote the reg number, the company that did it just have a mobile...but it's no longer in service! I will do all the rest of the work and get it mot'd then possibly use GB 4X4 radio if I can't get a code. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did send my other one as I say back to Clarion, they used to have it listed on Ebay, it came back with new display, tape deck serviced ( can't remember last time I saw a tape let alone played one! ), no code and lead for using external sources...only tiny..tiny thing..the display is brighter than my HVAC display!

Will try dealer first.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
LMAO! I bought an 84 Town Car at an Estate sale last May. Special order Cartier, gal did NOT want leather or a sunroof. it has everything else except the memory seat. Pristine perfect and 32K miles at the time. I went out and BOUGHT cassettes to fill the factory 4 cassette holder and actually listened to them as a lark a few times. I've since added Sirius in the glove box that is tuned to 80's music to annoy passengers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next it will be big gold chain, 20 odd inch rims with spinners as you drive around blasting your tapes! Lol!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
LMFAO! Oh good gawd no.... not in this life time. I did the death of disco with 8 tracks in the early 80's. The bell bottoms and silk print shirts were bad enough. I am not about to take anything out on a car. :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
And for the folks with Alpine units - don't ever bother to purchase a code online. Alpine product support provides it for free as long as you fill a form of theirs.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got an EKA code only a few months ago, I think if they want or not.

@ TS, I tried 2 times to get a radio code (also for my P38) through an internet site, 2 different cars at different times, both codes didn't work, and I had to send a very nasty e-mail to get a refund, no reply on a friendly e-mail.

Am I correct that the CD changer needs to be connected to the radio before the radio accepts the code?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts