RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I own a 1993 LSE and I had intended to fit an aftermarket Stereo to it as the original Clarion unit no longer works properly. Easy, or so I thought. The original stereo, I am told, is a fully amplified system, with a 10-pin ISO connector. However, all standard ISO connectors are only 8-pin, thus making it impossible for me to fit any aftermarket stereo. Does anyone know of an adaptive wiring loom I could purchase?

IMG_20180222_153527.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
the harness used on VW's and Porsche is the same as the land rover, here in the states you can find it at any decent radio install shop, or crutchfield.com part number "Metra 70-1784" .
prior to install, make sure to test the red wire for key on power and the yellow wire for constant power if not reverse these two only. since the adapter is designed for use on german cars, it is wired for red wire to be constant.
you may find two blue wires one may be blue white, on is power antenna the other is amp on. german cars have a feature where if the am/fm is not being used the power aerial/antenna goes down and the amps remain on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
W124 chassis Mercedes share the same connectors to accommodate the Becker BE1492/BE1692 head units - you may find wiring option there too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts