RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new on here and need some help ive just bought a range rover 2003 td the radio disply has gone faulty pixels dead! but now when i turn the engine off the stereo is makin a loud buzzin feed back noise, plus it sounds crap no power very tinny!! any ideas

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
nay said:
hi im new on here and need some help ive just bought a range rover 2003 td the radio disply has gone faulty pixels dead! but now when i turn the engine off the stereo is makin a loud buzzin feed back noise, plus it sounds crap no power very tinny!! any ideas
Are you sure the buzzing is coming from the head unit? The ranges computer has a fan that is notorious for making a buzzing/chirp...

As far as the faulty pixels wait 5 min, pull the negative on the battery, go into the back of the range, drivers side kick panel back there, remove it. You will see the DVD unit, remove the 3 or 4 bolts and carefully pull the unit down, remove all the multi plugs, inspect the connections and clean if need be, then reassemble. Hook up the battery, start the range! Turn the steering wheel all the way to the right, then all the way to the left, this will reset steering angle and remove trouble codes that trigger when you pull the batt...

Hope this helps you out, let us know how you do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi yes noise comin throw speakers. my range has not got dvd or nav its single cd and 6 disc multi in glove box, the single cd wont play when i insert disc it spits it out, because the pixles are not workin i dont no how to put cd multiplay on!! ive find the amp in the back left hand side (boot) ive unclipped the plug and cleaned it, it sounds a bit better now but not that good no buzzing yet! advice on pixles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ambishop said:
It is most likely the amp in the back that is the issue. If it got wet then it may have been shorted out.
yes thanks checked the amp it looks thay way amp needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts