RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 08 range rover with the 2010 nav disk i believe. When on the audio screen at the bottom left the touch screen button normally says "radio-sat" but about once a week it will just say "radio". I was driving down the road yesterday and the screen seemed to flash for a split second and then it did the same thing. Everything works and if i push the button when it says "radio" it will still switch to sat. It seems like some kind of programming error in the sat nav.

On a possibly related note i have had the whole sat nav radio system freeze up 2 or 3 times in the last 3 months. If i turn the truck off for a couple minutes it would return to normal.

Has anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder if it is getting hot behind the radio. The '05 and'06 had issues when the heater was set to auto. Heat would build up behind the unit and cause it to get hot. I have not heard of this affecting '08 my. Since it us summer, be sure you have the front vents blowing out, and not set to auto. That will keep air flowing and not build up. Just a suggestion.

·
Banned
177 Posts
looks like you have a problem with the sat radio unit check the left rear compartment in the trunk for any water damage you might have in the radio and sat nav units in the back

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything looks dry. I did read that land rover makes a plastic sheet to go around the electronics to keep water off them in case of a leak i might pick that up just in case. I picked up a 10lb bag of silica gel i was going to put it in some bags and put in in that area to absorb any moisture. I will pull all the connections and clean them and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2009 RRSC last year (radio v radio-sat) and the LR dealer found there was a software update available for the sat module that corrected this problem. It's worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! It seemed like a software glitch. I need to have trailer ball mode enable anyway. Any idea the cost to do the update?

PS. can any DIY scan tools update software without a Topix subscription?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine update was done under the CPO warranty, but I suspect it should be no more than 1/2 hour of LR shop time ~ $75

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
cmotomn
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing