RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...I did a change of my rear air springs yesterday and all was well until I noticed my baby beginning to run hot while waiting for my new suspension to rise. Immediately turned her off only to notice a pin hole in my radiator which was leaking coolant pretty heavily. Thankfully I was not on the rode but in my driveway when I noticed this problem. That being said I am about to change out my radiator to this week at some point. I wanted to get some input from you'll on this. First any good places that you know of online to get a good radiator at a good price. I'm not really looking to go OEM on a truck with 137k on the clock and about to be retired within 6-8 months(I drive it roughly 5k/year). Secondly, is the radiator swap a fairly straight forward job on these rigs. I know it is for most cars, but I also know what goes for most cars does not apply to this beast lol. Any help or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
As always RAVE is a great place to start. Changing just the radiator is easily done within an hour including time to flush the system before hand. It's four bolts across the top and a couple down below, pull the hoses and pull the radiator. While you have it out it is a good time to hose out your AC condensor from the back and clean up the engine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...just got a new Macbook so I had to re-download RAVE last night. I'll definitely be starting there though when I get time to read through it today about the system flush process.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought this one - their shipping and communication sucked, but the product was right on and $100 less than I could find it elsewhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-01-02-LAND-ROVER-RANGE-ROVER-4-6-V8-RADIATOR-NIB-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4147e30297QQitemZ280378933911QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Only issue I had was the nuts in the bottom wanted to spin inside the plastic of the lower radiator - ended up breaking the plastic around them so I could put a pair of needle nose vise grips on them.

http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=280378933911

Contact them outside of E-bay - I bought it for less than the posted price - I was one of the $169 purchasers.

You may as well pull the passenger side front door sill plate and feel the padding under the carpet for dampness/leaking O-rings - as long as you have the system drained down, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change them out too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered the same radiator from these guys. Hopefully the Rover will be back up and running "cooler" than ever by the weekend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts