RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, did the battery replacement, bump overflow line, break said line, reove line from radiator and break outlet stem off off radiotor, order new radiator dance on sat.

Can anyone give me the quick and dirty rad removal procedure?? remember that there was a quicker /better way than Rave.

I still can not belive the pos , cheezy, radiator top?? 400 bucks ot the window becaise of 2 cents worth of plastic.

Thanks much

Don Scott

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
Ondo the top and bottom hose, you already have the burp line out :cry: . remove shroud and two molts at each bottom side. THen it lifts right out. DOn't forget to collect the two bubber doughnuts at the bottom for install.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks....sounds eazy-peazy. I guess the good news is I will now have a new rad, to match the new Tranny, and Transfer case. Very much hoping to avoid new motor for awhile!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
One warning on later model P38s...there is a temp sensor on the bottom of the radiator. Don't forget to disconnect the connector, and move the sensor to your new radiator (and reconnect it). It releases by removing the stainless metal hoop, which pulls right out (carefully). If you removed the viscous coupling and fan shroud (which the wire harness for the sensor clips to in two places, be sure to unclip it) you can lift the radiator out with the connector attached and pull the small stainless wire hoop that secures the connectors to each other off more easily with the radiator out. You also have to release the thermostat from the fan shroud...which can be a bit of a task. It is clipped on one side, and slides in the other. Other than that, it wasn't really that difficult a task to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts