1. Remove the panel at the back of the console.
2. lower the lights
3. send an electricians snake ( hanger will do the same but bend the tip first) over the top of the sunglasses holder, it will pop out at the windshield.
3a. Be careful not to hurt the wiring to the TPMS receiver if so equipped. alternatively, you can un-velcro it first and push it to the side (small fingers required)
3b. If you want to remove the sunglasses holder, it is two screws and a few clips
4. Find the post that tells you which wire to use. If you are on a 2006 or later DO NOT use the sunroof switch, it is simply a CAN BUS signal switch and will not shut down with the engine. Use the interior lighting version instead.
5. Put it all back together.
6. Don't forget to keep a bird dog in front of you for the instant on types!