RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me see your racks! no... not those, the one on your truck! I want to see full length racks that you guys have on your trucks with or without aux lights on them. Is anyone running Rover Racks?

Does anyone have a similar or reproduction of a GDE rack?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Nice rack!..... Nice rig! Didn't know they produced a GDE rack. Where'd you find the skid plate with recovery eyes?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish that was my rack! that photo was taken from the Rover Racks website. I really like it and want to see more photos of it on other's trucks. Anyone have photos?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I have a cheapy job which has since been sprayed the same colour as the car and had a wind deflector pot riveted on.

made by a company called TJM - see a few of them around on classics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool rack John. TJM... Tthe same company that made bumpers too right?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
yeah I have seen TJM roo bars and I think imay have seen TJM wheel carriers.

My rack is quite light as its all ally. If your in the right place at the right time they can be had for little money, I paid through the nose for mine as I needed one in a hurry but it was only a few hundred bucks.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
I just took another look at the Great Divide Expedition video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsOC-URG4oE. It appears to me that those racks were made by Safety Devices, in the UK, the company that made the cages, brush bars, and racks for the Camel Trophy Land Rovers. I understand that Safety Devices is no longer in business.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Granny said:
I understand that Safety Devices is no longer in business.
Safety Devices is very much still in business though they seem to be more focused more on racecar internal cages. They still make racks and roll cages for Land Rovers. ECR is the US supplier for Safety Devices. I may give Mike a ring and see if he can score me a GDE rack!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
Thanks for straightening me out about Safety Devices' putative demise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i've a Discovery replica rack on my classic, one of 5 or 6 made i believe the brand was INTA or INTI :?

too small for my lwb but will be extended when i get the cash

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Protection and Performance are a lesser known equal to Safety Devices. Mabe worth contacting them?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
52 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
okierover - thank you! I have put a lot of time and effort (read $$) on my Rangie. It is my third classic, the other 2 I sold after I found the color, year and model that I was looking for. I always wanted a LWB, 93 or 94 model and this color. I believe that it was officially named "cornish cream". It has the original paint, which I always maintain with good quality wax, especially after a mud run... :dance:

·
Registered
82 Posts
ini88 said:
Let me see your racks! no... not those, the one on your truck! I want to see full length racks that you guys have on your trucks with or without aux lights on them. Is anyone running Rover Racks?

Does anyone have a similar or reproduction of a GDE rack?

Thanks!
Sorry for the quick off topic - What's all yours best guess on those size tires? And bonus, what tire is that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I suppose I cheated a bit... Had to put it into Photoshop and zoom in, but the tire is a Cooper Discoverer S/T. Unfortunately I cannot make out the size.

·
Registered
70 Posts
TexasDiver said:
I suppose I cheated a bit... Had to put it into Photoshop and zoom in, but the tire is a Cooper Discoverer S/T. Unfortunately I cannot make out the size.
Tried the same, with the same result.

Coming back to the original topic: my old and my new rack

Old (Homemade by local steel workshop)

New (Frontrunner Windcheetha with custom legs)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JDcruiser said:
Sorry for the quick off topic - What's all yours best guess on those size tires? And bonus, what tire is that?
Kind of looks like 235/85 but also looks like one size under that too. I think the black rims are throwing it off a bit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts