RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-
New to forum, but not new to LR (this is my 8th...!)

just picked up a CPO ‘17 HSE, last week. Couldn’t find a V8 in condition, with options and nearby- so went with V6.
Anyone done any tuning to the SCV6 (380hp) engine?

trying to figure out my safest/smartest options to get a little more power out of her.

anyone done racechip?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
899 Posts
Try doing a search on the L494 section of this forum. I think a few of those guys have tuned the SC 3.0 with good results. I have a 2016 L405 HSE with the SC 3.0 and it seems to be just enough power for my daily use but it would be cool to get a little more out of it :). Please share your results when you have this mod done.

·
Registered
2019 Velar L560
38 Posts
I chipped the 3.0SC on my wife's Velar. So far so good. I spent some time on the F-Type Jag forums and
it looks like the following tuners have experience with the P380:

https://www.eurocharged.com/ecutuning/k ... ock-380-hp

https://www.rsctuning.com/collections/l ... -sc-models

Land Rover Tuning - ECU Tuning Group

If you really want to see a difference in performance, then consider a more aggressive pulley on the supercharger. You'll feel the chip alone, but the pulley really wakes up the motor apparently. My wife was just looking for a little more oomph in the mid-range, so a chip alone was enough.

For older RRs chip tuners used to provide an at-home tuning kit so owners can perform the software upgrade themselves. This is a nice feature since dealer service department work that involves connecting the car to a computer (everything these days) results in resetting the software to stock. With the at-home kit, you could reapply the chip tune afterwards easily enough. For better or worse, recent RRs are no longer on speaking terms with the inexpensive tuning kits so you need to go to the chip tuner shop for the initial tune and any reapplication if the dealer reflashes the car. Bottom line is that you really need to find a local tuning shop with good reviews; that is more important than comparing dyno runs between the various tuners. Also, when shopping around for a tuner, explicitly ask how much they charge for reflashes. The price of the tune is pretty standard, but cost for reflashes varied alot when I was shopping around.

I went with Eurocharged because they have an installer a couple of miles from my office and the installer will give me a courtesy reflash with subsequent reflashes at a flat $75.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I personally wouldn't mess with the thing, it is only going to cause you trouble. Also do not mess with the supercharger pulley or crank pulley. Leave the blower alone. If you want to get the thing tuned, find a local shop that specializes in it, mail order tunes/tuners are dumb. Have a pro doing it on a dyno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts