RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I am a second owner of a 2003 model RR MKIII with 47,000 miles on it. LR Service gave me the 45K maintenance service back in 2008 which included oil and brake fluid change and I'm pretty sure the previous owner followed the original maintenance schedule.

Now that my vehicle is approach 7 years of age, I am looking to get the following fluids completely flushed and changed:

*ENGINE OIL

*POWER STEERING

*ENGINE COOLANT

*DIFFERENTIALS

*AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

*T-CASE

*BRAKE FLUID

I was quoted $1200 including parts/fluids and labor. Does this seem about right??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: Quote for a total fluid change service. How does it compare?

Spizzi.

Yep those numbers are correct ! Kiss goodbye to a grand minimum which ever currency and what part of the globe are you in ?

Make sure you grease nipple any joints that require attention whilst on the hoist & get the engine/radiator flushed beforehand.

I've used "Redline" fluid products in my ride for the complete procedure and their injector cleaner/water-wetter is sensational. If you can provide the fluids and upgraded K&N filters for a full service it could be close to 2G's in effort but well worth it mate.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Re: Quote for a total fluid change service. How does it compare?

Personally I would get an indy to do it.

I've paid £150 for a gearbox oil change inc labour and oil. £70 for an engine oil change (40 for oil 30 for labour) £15 for a coolant change (did it myself)

Basically you could save yourself a stack of cash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts