RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have checked countless diagrams, but not found what pin4 in the round headlight plug does. It's a thin gauge green wire. I'm doing the headlight conversion to later style on my 2007 RRSC, and have had to remove pin 4 in order to provide the new lights with signal +, but have yet to find any reference to the pin I'm removing. Everything functions properly at this stage, but I can't help but think I'm missing something.

I'll post a writeup when completed.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Thin green is for sidelights (5W bulb) which you may not use in the US. Don't you have marker lights or something instead?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, thanks for the response.

As mentioned in my original post, I'm doing a 2007--->2010 headlight conversion.

I removed the wire from pin4 and taped it up.

I moved pin7 of the harness (side marker light) to pin 16 (ps/sm +) on the 2010 lights (Pin7 was for the dynamic bending feature on the 2010 lights).
I moved pin2 of the harness (side lamp) to pin 4 (lamp side light +) on the 2010 lights (Pin2 is a ground on the 2010 lights)
I inserted a ground into the location pin2 was originally (side lamp -) on the 2010 lights

After this, all the front lights work as they should. I have no flashing or other odd behavior. The halos are functional, I have both marker lights, and side markers. I am however getting a check front light and check low beam warning periodically, and have no idea what pin 4 WAS. It's a very thin light green wire. You say it's a side lamp, I can find nothing in the diagrams to confirm that?

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Which diagrams are you looking at? My copy of RAVE only goes up to 2005 but on both the UK and Export versions it shows a thin (0.5 mm cross sectional area) green wire going to the sidelights and side marker lights (on the export version). What have you got connected to your side marker lights? Does the light unit you are fitting incorporate a sidelight bulb?

·
Registered
1 Posts
can anyone help me???
i have put in a new battery,and now my sat nav and sterio wont even turn on?
any ideas why?
thankx debs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts