RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be aware that when choosing FEDEX ground (which seems to be the cheapest), your package will ship "signature required." If you step up the couple of bucks to UPS ground, no signature is required.

I wish they would add this warning when checking out as I always forget about it and since I am cheap ******* I always choose the cheapest courier. Doh!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Re: Quick tip when ordering from AtlanticBritish about shipping

I've found its hit or miss w Fedex on that. Sometimes they just leave those types of packages on my front steps and sometimes they leave a note to sign. But if you order 4 rotors or anything over 50# I have found they leave them :)

Also my 10lb dog bit the Fedex man once so now he just leaves stuff when he can and doesn't risk a comeback.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

From a shipper's perspective, that pricing structure doesn't make much sense. Requesting the carrier (both UPS or FedEx) to obtain a signature upon delivery actually costs the shipper quite a bit more money than shipping the same package w/o siggie required.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,716 Posts

I always ask that signature be required so if something happens I am covered. I sure wouldn't want my parts sittin on the front porch and walking off.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

I am never home during the day, so whenever I can I ask the shipper to send expensive stuff to my office as someone is always here Mon-Fri, whether they decide to send it sig required or not.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
43 Posts

i have never had a problem with AB or FedEx and they leave a package at my door 2 or 3 times a month between the RRC and Disco.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
40 Posts

I hate sig. require. since I'm not home during drop of hours. My past 2 buys from AB have been non sig. and arrived VERY quick. Nothing but praise to AB

·
Registered
110 Posts

i just had the same issue with another supplier, what a pita......

we work during the day. they did not let me know that they were going to ship sig required.....

i had huge issues getting the part.

ups wanted me to drive almost an hour to pick it up at their hub....

I signed the tickets for them leave, called ups, nothing worked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts