RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every l322 I've owned you open a door and the suspension disables allowing for floor jacking etc... On my current rig 2009 supercharged I open all the doors, jack on the suspension and it compensates, that's not right is it? Makes it tough while floor jacking because I usually jack up on the suspension. I need to do brakes but can't pull the battery as I"m due for inspection and that will reset the readiness test.

TIA.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
Weird. I've never seen it where that does not happen. On mine any door open will disable the eas except the trunk...that can be open and the eas still operates.

Pull the fuse for eas?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird. I've never seen it where that does not happen. On mine any door open will disable the eas except the trunk...that can be open and the eas still operates.

Pull the fuse for eas?
Thanks not sure why that didn't occur to me! I'm doing rear brakes today, just to confirm this hood open, all doors open... I even tested to make sure the hood sensor was working. Jack the car the EAS adjusts. Makes zero sense why my rig does this.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
32 Posts
On my 2004 HSE the air suspension doesn't raise unless the car is on/running. When I did my oil change a couple months ago, I jacked the car and air suspension did not compensate and all doors were closed. Are you jacking with the ignition off?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 2004 HSE the air suspension doesn't raise unless the car is on/running. When I did my oil change a couple months ago, I jacked the car and air suspension did not compensate and all doors were closed. Are you jacking with the ignition off?
Yes, ignition off all doors open... As I said I usually pull the neg on the battery anyway when doing anything with the car, but I don't want to erase the OBD2 readiness status for an upcoming inspection. All doors open, ignition off... As soon as you start jacking on the suspension corners start compensating. It is the weirdest thing, had several rovers and none of them have done this.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
32 Posts
Maybe try pulling the fuse for the air compressor, or the electrical connector that goes to it in the trunk as a workaround to temporarily disable it?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe try pulling the fuse for the air compressor, or the electrical connector that goes to it in the trunk as a workaround to temporarily disable it?
Yes that was what I ended up doing... I'm just confused as to why my car does this, not that it really matters but it's still strange.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
66 Posts
Funny, I just did my brakes and rotors today too. To be honest I did not know to open the doors etc to prevent anything with the air suspension when jacking the car up. I happened to have the driver door open and the hood/back tailgate so maybe this saved me? The car did ask me to confirm air suspension height when I got back in and started after putting the car back down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts