RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my lcd done by a place and it started acting up again, missing digits. So on youtube I found a guy who substituted a ZEBRA strip for the taped on connector.
You can see the connector and the strip I cut to the length of the gap between glass and board. I did learn this on youtube. I had ZEBRA strips left over from my Vette display
fix and cut one down and put it in and my hvac display works great again. I did not use the rubber thing but did use the plastic holder. This pic can explain.
20181125_182021.jpg

The cut is made so that the strip reaches glass and board. That is it. It can extend beyound the sides with no problems.:p
Here is display
20181125_180219.jpg
Mabey help someone Good Luck!

·
Registered
760 Posts
MartyNZ has been selling these for a while, always ask here first, as you’ve described it as a zebra strip, sounds like you got from rpi who bought from Marty first..

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have blend issues I am getting ready to investigate.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was 1 7/8 in long and I trimmed it to about 1/4 wide to have a snug fit.
I used an exacto knife and a hard straight edge. to trim. It may have been 3/8 inch I tried a couple of times. Good Luck

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
Depending on what price you can buy bits of zebra strip for - I do sell ones I had made to order for the P38 HEVAC display. They are currently 'out of stock' on my website as I'm away working - but from mid December they'll be available again. I ship worldwide and provide detailed instructions on installation - for probably less than $20USD

I've probably sold nearly 250 of them now, and have loads left as I had to do a bulk order when I had them made. Haven't yet had one come back as faulty either.... why LR didn't use one to start with I don't know, as they're so much better than the Heat Sealed ribbon cables they used to start with!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
I'm due to be home from around the 12th December, so will have them available again from then - as I'll actually be there to post them out!!

I'll try and remember to put a message up when they are back in stock.. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts