Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Yesterday the EAS Hard Faulted. My plan was to manually inflate all corners until i get a chance to inspect on the week-end.

When attempting to inflate manually using jumpers, the right rear solenoid did not open or close (no clicking) at all. I refered to the pictures to determine if the solenoid was on the bottom or the top for removal, realising it was on the bottom, I was about to remove the block for further inspection. So I deflated the entire system and noticed the right rear corner coming down, so i pulled the jumpers out and jumped only the RR one again and it was working again.

I thought this to be Strange, left the the car inflated for the morning with ECU still disconnected. Driving to work this morning it went from the height it was last night down to stops?

Would this be simply a sticky valve? or could the driver pack do something like this?

I am confident about any leaks and I have rebuilt the block in the past with success there after, new compressor etc. so I beleive all other things to be OK. the FL sensor goes off line due to a break in the wiring which has been repaired but will be replaced soon.

Appologies in advance to bring up yet another EAS question.

Tyrone

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH well not sure if the driver would be suspect when trying to activate the solenoid, but now that i have had time to re-inspect, the right rear bag has blown a leak, but only at certain height.

Ty

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
cyclone said:
leak, but only at certain height.

Ty
that's standard....unfortunately.

You should hear the valve click, if it doesn't click then the driver is suspect, Right Rear is the most common to fail (not sure why...)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dennis, I'll sort out the bag etc and then see how thing go.

I also left you mesage on you site about a height sensor cable for the newer sensors, let me know, thanks.

Tyrone

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
shupack said:
cyclone said:
leak, but only at certain height.

Ty
that's standard....unfortunately.

You should hear the valve click, if it doesn't click then the driver is suspect, Right Rear is the most common to fail (not sure why...)
Is that because that is the corner the ECU tries to adjust first, so that is the first one to show a problem? :think:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
that's my guess, but according to RAVE, it raises the rear, then the front, so it should be 50/50 left/right failures. It may have something to do with heat and where the transistors are physically located. That much detail I don't really care....

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Im in the process of pain stakingly stripping down a EAS driver.....so far Im not impressed with the design, the power transistors should have heat sinks but they dont, I guess its cos they dont operate all the time, in other words turned on for 20 min or so at a go....

The main cause of failure is from engine bay heat and Im not putting in a new one in mine till I've moved it to the back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts