RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the wipers are set to "auto" do yours wiper a single time every time you start the vehicle? I just had my windshield replaced and now mine do. I am sure they just reused the original sensor so its odd that the behavior would change. I am trying to determine if something was reset or of something is amiss now.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
77 Posts
If you leave them in "auto" - yes they wipe every time to clear your windshield. I just select "auto" when I start to notice rain and then let the car determine the intervals and all that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect! Thanks! Interesting that it didn't do it before...oh well, just another quirk to add to the list.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in Florida so I leave mine on "auto" all the time, because, well - Florida. It rains here every day :) Mine does NOT do the courtesy wipe when I start. I had a Lincoln LS that did the courtesy wipe on start and it made me crazy...constantly smearing on what was an otherwise clear windshield.

For me, there was a setting (Supercharged V8 model) in the "Driving Options" TFT instrument cluster to disable this. I believe the setting is under "Driving Features" or "Driving Options" then go to "Windshield Wipers" and turn OFF the courtesy wipe option. I think it was in the same menu that has the "Wiper - Winter Park / Maintenance Mode" option. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Mine do not. 2017.

Is there a setting for a courtesy wipe in the drivers preferences. I thought mine did do it before also. I have my windshield treated so I do not use my wipers as much as the next guy but I have had them set to auto.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not really surprised by this...mine now no longer does the courtesy wipe when set to auto. These cars are so peculiar.

Side note: I only have two options for wiper settings "Winter Park" and "Rain Sensor", no setting for courtesy wipe.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I'm not really surprised by this...mine now no longer does the courtesy wipe when set to auto. These cars are so peculiar.

Side note: I only have two options for wiper settings "Winter Park" and "Rain Sensor", no setting for courtesy wipe.
I want to say that that might do it BUT the automatic wipers are for the rain sensing. If Rain Sensor was turned off then the automatic wipers would not work. What would they be set to automatically do? I didn't get a chance to play with mine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to say that that might do it BUT the automatic wipers are for the rain sensing. If Rain Sensor was turned off then the automatic wipers would not work. What would they be set to automatically do? I didn't get a chance to play with mine.
Exactly! I presume that if rain sensing is off, then "auto" on the stick translates into traditional intermittent wipers depending on were on the min-max continuum you set the dial.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts