RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have about 73k miles on my 06' RRS HSE and the car is running smooth so far. Last schedule maintenance I have done was the 45k service A before warranty was up, though I have been changing the oil and oil filter regularly. Local dealer said it would cost roughly $375 for the 60k service B maintenance and plus $70 for an air filter, which will round up to about $450. Does that sound reasonable? But $70 for an air filter?? That sounds pretty expensive, is there any other place I can buy a replacement filter like the stock one for cheaper? Like at Auto Zone? Also from looking at the 75k maintenance, it looks almost the same as the 60k but just changing some other oils. Should I might as well do the 75K too or wait? Thanks for any help in advance guys!

- Mike

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,153 Posts
air filter is only $32 at bputah.com (formerly roverconnection)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
$450 for a "major" service (the one that occurs once a year or every 15k miles) still sounds reasonable to me - for a dealer, anyway - even with the overpriced air filter. :wink: But your story begs the question, why did you "skip" the 60k mile service when it was actually due, 13000 miles ago? :think: And what color is Lava black? :think:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
phil. said:
air filter is only $32 at bputah.com (formerly roverconnection)
OT: Phil, I just noticed in your signature that you are now a Tread Trainer for Tread Lightly! Way to go, my friend. I always wanted to take that class but between work, kids and other obligations I never seem to have the time (plus, the local classes always seem to fill months in advance.) Congratulations and thanks for caring about our outdoors. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
thank you! one of the guys in our club became a trainer a while back. we volunteered to do some trail clean up at bald mountain with tread lightly and a hummer club about a year and a half ago. tread lightly got a grant from the state of CA so we lobbied to have training held here in the bay area and LR san jose graciously hosted us last saturday. master trainer is a 2day class so that'll take a bit more planning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the reply..and good catch on the Lava Black. LOL...typo indeed! Well I skipped the 60k because honestly there is no excuse but I was lazy to go into the dealership and had no time and the car ran fine. `) But now I finally have time to bring it in to do the service. And now the 75k is around the corner! :doh: Def. will check out the site to get the air filter, thanks again!

-Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts