RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 2015 Sport HSE. Is there a hood sticker with option codes? Purchasing from non RR dealer (recent trade) and I want to know how to tell what packages the car has.

Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
No stickers. you can always read up on what was available so you know when you look at the car. You can get a subscription to TOPIx and enter the VIN and read the build.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I ask someone on the forum who has a Topix account to run the VIN. I do no qualify for an account.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not sure if it has changed, but registering for Topix is free to look up VIN numbers. It costs money to look up information like technical bulletins and how to etc.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
I do no qualify for an account.
ANYONE can sign up as an independent contractor... or whatever it is called, for free. You get free VIN look ups, unlimited access to owners manuals and other owner documentations for any year any model.

TSBs and safety recalls can be found at NHTSA.gov. Of course consumer reports also lists TSBs and Recalls by years and model

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
When you get down to it there is very little not at your finger tips. Vin decoders, Microcat for parts and all sorts of documentation and secondary manuals on TOPIx.

Various sources have most any model of rover shop manual for free.. So far I have not seen anything shop manual wise for 405 or 494... but it is only a matter of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts