RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
So I've got a '06 RRS and I'm looking to get the plastic skirt painted. I was told by my body shop that they could do it for around 1200 dollars and it wouldn't require much work but then I asked my Land Rover dealership and was told that it would cost 5000 dollars because it required a special chemical treatment so that the paint would bond to the plastic. Can anyone fill me in on what is required to do this job or how much others have paid?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Search, search, search.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dont remember exactly but I think it was lik3 3k for all the black/gray plastic trim on the entire truck. Skirt and pillars along the windows. Not sure about the special chemical, but they took off each piece (attached with cheap clips) primed and painted. looks great.

·
Registered
270 Posts
yep I think that is what they did. look at the 5 page of the "Show your Rover" thread. Midway down is my red rover with everything color coded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my '06 done last summer for $1200 by an auto body shop. There were 2 ways to do it. You can have each piece sanded down completely and then primed and painted with a flex agent in the paint to adhere to plastics. Or you can bypass the sanding and just do multiple coats of prime and paint. My auto body guy thought that price difference wouldn't warrant the life expectancy or look of the finish so I opted for the less expensive option and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts