RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a Vogue’04 petrol engine. Due to high price of the petrol in Turkey, I am willing to buy a Sport’06 2.7 diesel or Vogue’06 3.0 diesel. I will compare the conditions of these two could you please help me to pick one? I heard 2.7 diesel engines have more chronic problems, but if someone could help me with the lifespan of these two (total milage) that would be great..

RRS’06 HSE 2.7D
180.000km
maintenanced at anonymous services
total crash past: 5000£
+rear entertainment sys

RR Vogue’06 3.0D
236.000km
maintenanced at dealer
total crash past: has one of the rear door changed due to accident
+rear entertainment sys
+rear view cam

so which one is worth buying, more reliable and have more lifespan?

thanks in advance for your helps and ideas!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
As with any used vehicle it all has to do with maintenance. There is no lifespan that can trusted. Any model of any car that is perfectly maintained and cared for can go many more miles than the exact same car with only basic maintenance and lack of minor repairs. Being maintained at the dealer does not ensure long life.

With one being wrecked and the other totaled I am not sure I would purchase either. Realistically a totaled rig is not worth much even with relatively low mileage. A wrecked vehicle MUST have a perfect match in repairs in order not to take a huge hit in value.

Naturally price would impact any choice. Can you provide more details on each one?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
$28k for a totaled first year L320, well second year for you folks. :shock: I realize autos are more expensive in many regions but the valuation can;t be that high on an insurance write off.

With the difference of only about 30K miles relatively minor damages... I would take the L322 any day. If size in an issue for your comfort level I would wager that you will settle in to it rather quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts